+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tablet won't boot - Help!

Tablet won't boot - Help!

Buy Ainol Note7 Fire OctaCore Android  Phablet from DealsPrime
    Hello,
    I have a 16 G purchased a few weeks ago from Chinagrabber. I almost immediately upgraded it to the Tim4d2 ROM and it has been working well.

I had not turned it of for a couple of days and then I powered it up 2 evenings ago and it only went to the large green Android logo and stopped.

I tried re-ROMing it to Tim4e and again to Tim4d. In both cases this is as far as the process went:
    Updating system firmware.
    Make sure your battery power is more than 70% pr os connected to AC power.
    Please wait a moment...
    Updating system firmware...
    Creating partition....
    Memory size:GB
    I tried installing factory 4.0 (22 3 28) and it stopped on the same "Memory size:GB" line.

Any idea what might be wrong or what to do next?

Thanks,
    -Mike

I would suggest you try Tim4e, or another stock rom just to make sure your pad didnt ship with a faulty microsd card inside

Quote Originally Posted by kitanashia View Post
    I would suggest you try Tim4e, or another stock rom just to make sure your pad didnt ship with a faulty microsd card inside
    As I said in my posting:
    The tablet was running with Tim4d2 before it failed to boot.
    I reloaded Tim4d2 and it failed, stopping at "Memory size:GB"
    I loaded Tim4e and it failed, stopping at "Memory size:GB"
    I loaded factory 4.0 22 3 28 and it failed, stopping at "Memory size:GB"

I would suspect the internal micro-sd has failed, but I'm looking for advice from someone with more experience with the devices.

Thanks,
    -Mike

I would suggest you contact chinagrabber for a replacement tablet, dont sit on something that is defective

I have not seen any posts from anyone else writing about this specific problem, although there have been people with other problems related to faulty internal tf cards. I suspect you may well have a fault with the internal tf card too...As there is a sticker over one of the case retaining screws, you have a choice to make!

try pressing re-set pinhole button on the side of unit?

Hello Mike, welcome to the forum.

I believe an app may have caused corruption of the system. It sounds like the file system corruption has damaged the partitioning and for some reason re-flashing cannot resolve the partition corruption.

Depending if you want to open the tablet and lose the warranty, I suggest to open the tablet and remove the Internal TF-card, and mount the card in Ubunto and remove all partitions using Dparted. Or in Windows use the SD-formatting utility which you can download from here: TF-Card Format Software - Windows

Bare in mind opening the tablet will invalidate the warranty.

Any other questions please don't hesitate to ask,

aPadTVadmin

Quote Originally Posted by wheelwrightmike View Post
    Hello,
    I have a 16 G purchased a few weeks ago from Chinagrabber. I almost immediately upgraded it to the Tim4d2 ROM and it has been working well.

I had not turned it of for a couple of days and then I powered it up 2 evenings ago and it only went to the large green Android logo and stopped.

I tried re-ROMing it to Tim4e and again to Tim4d. In both cases this is as far as the process went:

I tried installing factory 4.0 (22 3 28) and it stopped on the same "Memory size:GB" line.

Any idea what might be wrong or what to do next?

Thanks,
    -Mike
    "Memory size:GB" Says the update is not detecting the internal SD card. If you open the pad to fix the problem, you'll void your warranty. And, as many have found out the hard way, the touch screen cable breaks very easily. With that in mind, if you choose the open the pad, you can remove the internal SD card and test it in another device. If you can re-format it successfully then you should be able to flash it. If not, then you'd need to replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by aPadTVadmin View Post
    Hello Mike, welcome to the forum.

I believe an app may have caused corruption of the system. It sounds like the file system corruption has damaged the partitioning and for some reason re-flashing cannot resolve the partition corruption.

Depending if you want to open the tablet and lose the warranty, I suggest to open the tablet and remove the Internal TF-card, and mount the card in Ubunto and remove all partitions using Dparted. Or in Windows us the SD-formatting utility which you can download from here: TF-Card Format Software - Windows

Bare in mind opening the tablet will invalidate the warranty.

Any other questions please don't hesitate to ask,

aPadTVadmin
    Hello,
    Are there any instructions on how to open the case hiding in a thread here somewhere? I haven't found any. If I can find some, I may give it a go.

Thanks,
    -Mike

Buy Ugoos UT3 4K Android TV Box from DealsPrime
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelwrightmike View Post
    Hello,
    Are there any instructions on how to open the case hiding in a thread here somewhere? I haven't found any. If I can find some, I may give it a go.

Thanks,
    -Mike
    http://www.apad.tv/apadforum/showthr...uch-III-Part-1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast