+ Reply to Thread

Thread: S7100 Google Play Market compatibility fix

Android ROM Developer Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold
    Blog Entries

S7100 Google Play Market compatibility fix

Buy Ugoos UT1 Android TV Box from DealsPrime
    I have created an update for fixing the market compatibility. I don't have a device to try it on but I think it should work on S7100A and B. It only adds xmls in the /etc/permissions/ so you can copy the files manually too.
    Please try it and report back.
    Download

Download the update.zip
    Copy it to the sdcard
    Go to recovery and install update from sdcard
    Reboot
    Delete Google Play's cache in Settings->Applications->Google Play

Click here to Donate
    Last edited by Soulflier; 07-12-2012 at 08:02 PM.

my JXD s7100b = R800i at the Market.
    I will test.

What exactly does this compatibility update does? I use bitrider's ROM but it changed how Google Play sees my s7100B into R800i and some games were downloaded in the version for Xperia R800i and wouldn't work because it would require additional buttons and analog pads so I changed build.prop back to JXD and that didn't happened any more. How does it change the way Google Play sees the machine and what are the other permissions?

Android ROM Developer Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold
    Blog Entries
    This update does not change the model or manufacturer, it adds permissions so apps that need permissions to Location, Bluetooth and other stuff that the JXD doesn't have, can be installed. I use this successfully on an ICS tablet, I tought that this should work on any android device, because Google Play is the same. I added all the permission xml-s I could find. On my Ainol Elf II this opened up almost every app in Play, only the country locked apps are not shown (apps only available in the US, or UK).

That sounds very nice!

I just tried and I guess it didn't work. I tried it on the s7100B, started from the fresh firmware (bitrider's) , placed it in it's own folder and it said this:

Code:
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    Installing update...
    mount fail, property_get system fail!
    E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
    (Status 7)
    Instalation aborted...
    Why do you think this happens, Soulflier? Does it helps you understand why it would not work? If I can help I could try.
    Last edited by scivias; 07-12-2012 at 11:03 PM.

Blog Entries
    It helps. I will look into it, in the meantime you could try unzipping it and copying the xmls from the update to your tablet. You can do it if you have root access.

Buy Hi718 Android TV Box from DealsPrime
    Doesn't work again. I've unpacked the file and copied it to system/etc/permisions, restarted it, started Google Play, cleared cash, restarted it and tried it. I tried some applications that need gps but I didn't see them and now, if I try to enter any application in Google Play app, Google Play force closes. Search works but not when I want to see or install the app. I even restarted again and cleared the cash but it behaves the same. I guess I'll need to re-flash firmware (no worry - this was a fresh one so I still don't have a lot on it). Risks of the experimenting, I guess . See what you can do with this.

Addendum:

When I've reflashed firmware it started to behave even weirder: In the Google play I could not get even the stuff I got earlyer - like they didn't exist! I could see only a few apps. When I checked system/etc/permisions it had all the new permissions (reflashing didn't remove them) so I had to delete all new permissions and copy old permissions from the chinese firmware. Now everything is like it was before new permissions. Weird.
    Last edited by scivias; 07-13-2012 at 08:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread