+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 84 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: [Elf II][ROM] DarkElf Custom ROM for Ainol NOVO7 Elf II

Android ROM Developer Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb [Elf II][ROM] DarkElf Custom ROM for Ainol NOVO7 Elf II

Buy Ainol Note7 Fire OctaCore Android  Phablet from DealsPrime
    This custom ROM is for the Ainol NOVO7 Elf II (2) ONLY!

Current version: DarkElf v1.1 (Download1, Download2)

DarkElf v1.1 unrestricted (no device verification during ROM install). Download
    Use this version only if you have this error when trying to install DarkElf after another ROM:
    " assert failed: get prop("ro.product.device") == "g06ref" l l getprop("ro.build.product") == "g6ref"
    E: Error in /temp/sideloader/package.zip
    (status 7)
    installation aported

DarkElf v0.2 (Download1, Download2, Download3)
    DarkElf v0.3 (Download1, Download2)
    DarkElf v0.5 (Download1, Download2)
    DarkElf v0.6 (Download1, Download2, Download3)
    DarkElf v0.7 (Download1, Download2, Download3)
    DarkElf v1.0 (Download1, Download2)

DarkElf v1.1 (Download, Download2)
    Changes:
    • Based on 0717 official firmware
    • HDMI Dual-display (enabled by default, Settings->HDMI)
    • Fast Wi-Fi
    • Battery percentage display
    • Working version of YouTube preinstalled
    • ES file explorer
    • QuickPic instead of Gallery application

Features:
    • A microSD card is needed for this ROM to work correctly.
    • Based on 0717 official firmware
    • HDMI Dual-display
    • Fast Wi-Fi
    • Battery percentage display
    • Working version of YouTube preinstalled
    • The rom does not wipe data. Wipe the data partition manually if you have Force Close issues or app errors.
    • Google Play (Market) installed
    • Google Play Store compatibility fix
    • Other Google Apps installed
    • SetupWizard starts on first startup
    • You can select your language on the first screen of the SetupWizard, default location is US
    • Additional languages (language list: Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, English, Spanish, Finnish, French, Croatian, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Latvian, Lettish, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Serbian, Swedish, Thai, Tagalog, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Chinese).
    • Face Unlock added
    • Rooted
    • Themed bootanimation
    • Deodexed
    • Option to auto-hide/always hide status bar, in other words full screen mode (The default is auto-hide, you can go to Settings->Display->Hide status bar to change it)
    • Physical Home button works as Back button, the long press of the Home button works as Home
    • The microSD is mounted as /sdcard/ and the internalSD is mounted as /sdcard/external_sdcard.
    • Upgrade application for easier update installs
    • Preinstalled Flash Player (Amlogic version, hardware acceleration)
    • Trebuchet launcher
    • build.prop mods:
      Device model set to Samsung GT-I9100 for Gameloft games compatibility
      WiFi scan interval = 180
      Sleep policy enabled
      GPS enabled (the Elf II does not have internal GPS, this update is for external GPS device support only. Use TetherGPS application to share your phone's GPS signal with your Elf II)
      HDMI supports 480p output (720x480 progressive)
      Camera's pictures are stored on SD first
      adb enabled by default, the adb notification is hidden
      CPU modes set to: power saving=600MHz, normal=1000MHz, performance=1320MHz (at startup the CPU works at 1200MHz maximum)

For those who still want to use the internalSD as sdcard here is a revert patch: Download

Planned changes (don't wait for any of this, they may or may not be implemented):
    • Performance fix (v1.1 has worse performance than 1.0 had)
    • Auto-Correct/Dictionary Fix
    • Fixed versions of Google Music, Google Videos, Youtube
    • Feiyu's kernel
    • Georgian language

Notes:
    Here is a sample of using external GPS source.

Phone: Google Nexus S (CM9 nightly)
    Tablet: Ainol Novo7 Elf II (DarkElf v0.6)
    App: TetherGPS and Sygic GPS navigation

You have to enable GPS in settings on both devices.
    Connect to Wi-Fi (you may create a wifi AP on your Phone and connect to it with your Elf).
    Start tetherGPS server on your phone, start tetherGPS client on your Elf.
    Use a GPS application on your Elf II. It should get the coordinates through wifi from your phone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120618_173405.jpg
Views:	993
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	490 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-06-18-11-40-23.jpg
Views:	1015
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	487 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-06-18-13-03-48.jpg
Views:	945
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	488 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-06-19-05-36-57.jpg
Views:	900
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	492 Click image for larger version

Name:	status_on_off.jpg
Views:	906
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	494

How to install
    Method A: Recovery
    1. Copy the DarkElf_v1.1.zip to your SDcard
    2. Charge up the battery
    3. Power off the Elf II and remove the charger
    4. Press and hold the Power button and the Volume- button at the same time. When the green droid appears you can release the buttons.
    5. In the recovery you can move with the Volume- button, you can select with Power or Volume+
    6. Select apply update from sdcard
    7. Select DarkElf_v1.1.zip
    8. Wait for the update to finish
    9. Select reboot system now

Method B: Upgrade application (from DarkElf 1.0)

Last edited by Soulflier; 09-12-2012 at 08:46 AM. Reason: unrestricted rom link

Wow, awesome release. I can't wait to try this

DealsPrime.com currently has a great offer on Novo 7 Elf II (2) tablets. They are shipping out straight away.

So I wanted to add this Buy Novo 7 Elf II now! Link.

I will also add some mirrors to this post and add each version as it's released to ensure the files are always available to everyone, in case any links ever go down.

DarkElf_v0.2.zip
    DarkElf_v0.3.zip
    DarkElf_v0.5.zip
    DarkElf_v0.6.zip
    DarkElf_v0.7.zip
    DarkElf_v1.0.zip
    Last edited by aPadTVadmin; 07-04-2012 at 10:23 AM. Reason: added download 0.7 DL link
    Check out the latest Tablet PCs and SmartPhones from the News on our front page or see all the new and upcoming tablets and phones in apad.tv's New Tablet PC Reviews & Preview Videos forum Check out our advertisers on apad.tv for the best place to buy a tablet PC or SmartPhone now!

Whoah SoulFlier! Going to try this now! Cheers

Android ROM Developer Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aPadTVadmin View Post
    I will also add some mirrors to this post and add each version as it's released to ensure the files are always available to everyone, in case any links ever go down.
    Thank you!

Also, I wrote a quick review of the Elf II on my blog here. There are a few benchmarks and some basic stuff about this tablet. I will probably add some game tests too.

Thanks for sharing the ROM!

I'm puzzled here.

There are apps which are installed on my GT-N7000, but these apps can't be installed on the Elf2 (w/ DarkElf v0.2)

In Google Play web portal it did see the new "Samsung GT-N7000", but, it just report as item incompatibility.

On another custom ROM (feiyu), the build prop with "Samsung GT-I9100" is fine.

Blog Entries
    v0.3 uploaded

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by j.wong View Post
    There are apps which are installed on my GT-N7000, but these apps can't be installed on the Elf2 (w/ DarkElf v0.2)
    In Google Play web portal it did see the new "Samsung GT-N7000", but, it just report as item incompatibility.
    On another custom ROM (feiyu), the build prop with "Samsung GT-I9100" is fine.
    I only modified the model and manufacturer so that Gameloft games doesn't say the tablet is incompatible when you start the game. I believe feiyu's rom has modded fingerprint too that may change Play store compatibility. I'll look into it. Can you tell me a few apps that you are able to install on feiyu's but couldn't install on mine so I can evaluate my changes?
    Last edited by Soulflier; 06-19-2012 at 05:18 PM.

I have a same problem. Your ROM is fine, especially tutorial, but on GT-N7000 has got less compatible aplications in Market then I9000 which use in feiyu. For example Chrome browser, my internet banking aplication for tablet, some weather and time widgets what I use. I think it will be better in next version if you use model of Samsung I9000. Because now, I go back to feiyu ROM.

Hello

Is it possible to add Polish language to the next update?

Regards

Blog Entries
    Buy Ugoos UT3 4K Android TV Box from DealsPrime
    OK I will mess about with the I9100 mod, I'll try to match the compatibility of the feiyu rom.

I don't know about languages just yet. I'll put it in the planned list.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 84 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast