+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: JXD S7100 Firmware Update V2

Buy Ugoos UT1 Android TV Box from DealsPrime
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmbmmm View Post
    I got my wife the s7100 capacitive for her birthday in February and it has a couple problems. First of all it will not sleep for longer than a minute or two before turning back on. This has really discouraged my wife from using the unit because the battery runs down quickly.

Second, after restoring to factory default (wipe media, cash, etc.) and installing the official update on jxd's site, the capacitive screen has stopped working completely. The buttons still work, but it is not usable in this state. I contacted the supplier and they want $30 to repair a problem that should be under warranty. Is there anything I can do to fix these problems without sending it to China?
    yes, be sure you have installed the correct version. there are two versions of the first s7100. Maybe you've installed the resistive screen version.

I wonder if they will unbrick Soulflier's S7100 for $30...

Quote Originally Posted by droid7100 View Post
    yes, be sure you have installed the correct version. there are two versions of the first s7100. Maybe you've installed the resistive screen version.

I wonder if they will unbrick Soulflier's S7100 for $30...
    I have tried a few different updates that all claim they are for the capacitave screen. With two of them I get an error "status 7" and the updates fail. With update 0227 it installed but the screen still doesn't register any touch.

I keep getting an error "status 7" when trying to install the update 1227. I have successfully installed 0227 but my screen still doesn't recognize any touch.

edit: sorry about the double post, didn't realize it had to be approved first.
    Last edited by jmmbmmm; 06-18-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Android ROM Developer Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold
    Blog Entries
    jmmbmmm - What is after status 7? It may be because you are trying to install an older rom than the one installed on your tablet. There is a version check in the official roms.

"--Install from sdcard...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    Installing update...
    assert failed: !less_than_int(1324517037, getprop("ro.build.date.utc"))
    E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

Android ROM Developer Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold Soulflier is a splendid one to behold
    Blog Entries
    OK, you are trying to install an older firmware than the one currently installed.

The one currently installed is from the official site, but it didn't fix the capacitive screen problem. I thought I installed the correct version. Any suggestions?

I have a resistive S7100. After applying the firmware in this thread, I don't have the ability to use wifi and lost almost all my apps. Does anyone know if this is due to there being a difference between the two resistive links?

NEW FIRWARE HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE WWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW
    solves the problem of battery.
    http://jxd.hk/download.asp?selectclassid=020001
    Last edited by Dante_Moraes; 07-26-2012 at 11:52 AM.

Buy Hi718 Android TV Box from DealsPrime
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante_Moraes View Post
    NEW FIRWARE HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE WWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW
    solves the problem of battery.
    http://jxd.hk/download.asp?selectclassid=020001

Tried this. Not sure it's working for me. Seems to have broken the screen timout. Screen no longer shuts off by itself after 1 minute. As far as charging, I broke the ac adapter, and have had to charge with USB cable (s7100B) and so far, not sure if the firmware fixed the charging.

Just to make sure I'm installing correctly, I copied all of the files to the root of the sd, and installed by holding menu and power. It then updated automatically and after it got done, rebooted. I don't need to change the name of the zip file to "update.zip" do I?

The new build (from 'about device') reads: S7100-01-20120710ZH Is that CORRECT?????
    Last edited by xphyle; 07-27-2012 at 08:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast