+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: JXD S7100 Firmware Update V2

Post JXD S7100 Firmware Update V2

Buy Ainol Note7 Fire OctaCore Android  Phablet from DealsPrime
    Please find below download links to JXD S7100 Stock Firmware update to reflash your tablet.

Your tablet may have already shipped with this firmware pre-installed at the factory.

resistive screen only update
    another resistive screen update only

If you do happen to flash with the above updates you will lose touch panel response. You can recover this by flashing back to the latest capacitive screen update:
    Capactivie screen firmware 1227

Firmware Download Mirror Version 1227

(Download English reflash instructions from the attachement to this post). English Reflash Instructions S7100.doc

Download Mirror for the newer S7100B-01-20120318-CN.zip Download Link

Best regards,

aPadTVadmin
    Check out the latest Tablet PCs and SmartPhones from the News on our front page or see all the new and upcoming tablets and phones in apad.tv's New Tablet PC Reviews & Preview Videos forum Check out our advertisers on apad.tv for the best place to buy a tablet PC or SmartPhone now!

To get into recovery mode press the menu button and the power button together on boot up you will then enter the recovery you may flash zip update files reset device etc.

There seems to be a firmware here fore the capative

http://www.jxd.cc/download.asp?selectclassid=019009
    Last edited by jutleys; 01-09-2012 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jutleys View Post
    To get into recovery mode press the menu button and the power button together on boot up you will then enter the recovery you may flash zip update files reset device etc.

There seems to be a firmware here fore the capative

http://www.jxd.cc/download.asp?selectclassid=019009
    Is this what you used to flash yours? What is the Benifit of flashing as I note it voids ur warranty if it is flashed without the official firmware. Cheers

First off let me say jutleys great work and showing us how to do things, I've watched all your vids keep them coming.
    Now I'm getting mine very soon, first time I'm getting this sort of tablet so far looks like it's very promising and has lots of potential.
    Sorry to all if my questions have been answered but here goes, first timer doing this sort of thing, very new.
    1) To root your device like in one of your first vids do you need to install any sort of files downloaded on a SD card from your PC and then take that SD card and put it into the S7100 to load the new files?
    2) Are the emulaters on it out of the box playable?
    3) To play most emulated games do the directional and face buttons work or do you hafe to assign them before you start a game?
    4) I see there is a disc included in the box, what's on it? More games?
    Thanks.

I just went ahead and updated worked but now all in chinease as default antone got any ideas how to change to english?

edit just figured it out.
    Last edited by jutleys; 01-10-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Ok i might be stupid or mabie the age takes it toll and im blind but i cant find firmware version number?
    just kernal build..
    Otherwise i got my tab yesterday and im thrilled. it works like a charm and im happy
    Now im going to root it this evening.

Regards
    Puremagic

There have been 2 further firmware update packages placed onto the JXD page, but again there are no changenotes for these updates. I've not got around to installing either of the new updates yet, but it would be appreciated if someone can confirm these updates/find english version numbers for them, or better yet... changenotes.

New firmwares avaliable for bluetoothe?

Quote Originally Posted by jutleys View Post
    New firmwares avaliable for bluetoothe?
    Yeah, I noticed that too...it's on the Chinese download page of jxd.hk

Translated it says:

Firmware upgrade software download S7100 Bluetooth resistance

Dated January 11, 2012 (yesterday). Anyone dare to see if it activates bluetooth (now that would be awesome, iCADE controller BABY!!!!!!!!!)

Buy Ugoos UT3 4K Android TV Box from DealsPrime
    Quote Originally Posted by MOFO View Post
    First off let me say jutleys great work and showing us how to do things, I've watched all your vids keep them coming.
    Now I'm getting mine very soon, first time I'm getting this sort of tablet so far looks like it's very promising and has lots of potential.
    Sorry to all if my questions have been answered but here goes, first timer doing this sort of thing, very new.
    1) To root your device like in one of your first vids do you need to install any sort of files downloaded on a SD card from your PC and then take that SD card and put it into the S7100 to load the new files?
    2) Are the emulaters on it out of the box playable?
    3) To play most emulated games do the directional and face buttons work or do you hafe to assign them before you start a game?
    4) I see there is a disc included in the box, what's on it? More games?
    Thanks.

1. You dont need a sd to root the device. i made a folder apk in roms folder on flash and placed the files there worked like a charm
    2. yes just copy roms to roms folder and play.. i usually use file browser program to run them
    3. i can only answer for psx emu and buttons work right away.
    4. this one i dont know since i dont know chinese but checking the files it contains some roms and apps and probably more

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast