+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: ibex Flytouch 5 Wopad System Update

Post ibex Flytouch 5 Wopad System Update

Buy Ugoos UT1 Android TV Box from DealsPrime
    Please find below the ibex Flytouch 5 Firmware V2.

Download Link

Installation Instructions:

1. Download the zip file to a PC.

2. Format a 4 Gb or smaller TF-card as Fat32 using the SD-Formatter utility (available from the apad.tv Firmware Download area).

3. Copy the zip file to the freshly formatted TF-card.

4. Connect the Power cable to the ibex Flytouch 5. Ensure the light is steady and the power connection is stable.

5. Press and hold the Power button. When the Logo screen is displayed release the Power button and then instantly press and hold the Menu button.

6. After the Android - Recovery Menu is displayed you can release the Menu button. Choose Update from SD-card

7. Select the zip file and the update process will start. Patiently wait while the update is performed.

Full system update (Vortex.pak method via USB and tool.)

(English Installation instructions provided by user QCC)

Download Link for Vortex.pak Archive file. Direct download Link for installation tool.

Make sure the tablet is off.
    Remove the external SD card.
    Plug in the tablet using the TOP USB port.
    Copy Vortex.pak to the folder that has the flash tool. The .pak and .ini files should be in the same folder.
    Start the Flash tool.
    this part needs four or five hands. Use a pen to hold in the Reset button at the SAME time hold in the POWER button and the MENU button. Release the RESET button after about five seconds. Keep the Power and Menu buttons pressed until you get New Hardware found and a new empty VDFu window pops up.
    Release the Power and Menu buttons.
    Start the flash tool. Menus are in Chinese.
    Click the Lower Right button. The progress bar should fill in about 30%. If there are any error windows, just click the button the window.
    The new blank VDFu window will close.
    Important. DO NOT CLOSE the flash tlool.
    Do the five hands step again to get the blank VDFu window.
    The left radio button will be active. Select it.
    Click the lower button on the right.
    Several small windows will pop up. Just click the button in the windows to close them.
    This process takes several minutes to complete. Do not interrupt the process. Do not close the flash tool.
    The Progess bar will fill. Cllose the the flash tool.
    Unplug the USB cable.
    Press and hold the Reset button for 5 seconds.
    Turn on the tablet.
    You should see a firmware update take place.
    Everything will be in Chinese. That is OK.
    Slide the lock to open the main screen.
    Select the settings icon.
    Scroll down to the language icon A capital A
    Press the top selection and select your language.

You may have to try the Power Menu Reset trick a few times to get it to work.
    Last edited by aPadTVadmin; 01-21-2012 at 04:54 AM. Reason: added new link and added English instructions from QCC
    Check out the latest Tablet PCs and SmartPhones from the News on our front page or see all the new and upcoming tablets and phones in apad.tv's New Tablet PC Reviews & Preview Videos forum Check out our advertisers on apad.tv for the best place to buy a tablet PC or SmartPhone now!

Is this new to all Flytouch 5s ? or is it the same as the newer working tablets with a working android market etc? Just asking as I don't want to try updating our one tablet that works if this is just an update to the old ones that don't work.

Sorry but away from home and cant remember what versions are on our two tablets.

Versions are as follows:

First Stock ROM = older Market.
    V1 firmware, as seen on later batches: New Market.
    V2 firmware: New Market and updated 3D box UI.

DavieK, I suggest you update your older firmware'd tablet first and then see how you like the new firmware, before updating your V1 firmware'd tablet.
    Check out the latest Tablet PCs and SmartPhones from the News on our front page or see all the new and upcoming tablets and phones in apad.tv's New Tablet PC Reviews & Preview Videos forum Check out our advertisers on apad.tv for the best place to buy a tablet PC or SmartPhone now!

sorry i don't found "SD-Formatter utility (available from the apad.tv Firmware Download area)."
    can you give me link please
    and download from V2 on deposit file failed (error 400) so i have to wait a additionnal time of 34 mn

I reply to my own post :
    1)i've found sd fromatter after one hour of search in a other post , my opinion : i've never found the download area !
    2) i try to download from deposit with FF and DownThemAll and i cause the error 400 , I try to dl directly , it work fine (but always wait beetwenn two dl... deposit system !)

Thanks admin for this christmas gift and to have respect what you promess us
    (directly when dl finish i will try and give a feedback !)

Merry christmas to all poster of forum!
    Last edited by sergio57; 12-24-2011 at 10:49 AM.

SD-Formatter V3.0 Download Link
    This SD-format V3.0 utility is for Windows 7. V2.0 of the software is compatible with Windows XP.

SD-Format Utility V2.0 for Windows XP

SD-Formatter V2.0 Download Link

first feedback :
    update work fine
    new marcket top ...but sometime say me no enough place...my tablet is pretty empty

but globally good - thanks

Thank you for the feedback Sergio. Some Android apps have been programmed to store data on the external SD1 designated (TF-card slot). Try using the application again with a TF-card present in the external slot. See if the app still reports not enough space.

Best regards,

aPadTVadmin

i have a 32 GO sd in slot but same message for some upload (update o skype for exemple ...tap resort party ...

any chance of another download host? ..... loving the message - We are sorry, but all downloading slots for your country are busy.

be good to get this updated asap n wrapped for tommorrow lol, cheers admin

Buy Hi718 Android TV Box from DealsPrime
    As it's Christmas Eve, if anyone is having issues downloading. I'll be handing out 6 hour Gold Keys for Depositfiles.com

Just Private message me during today or tomorrow and I'll send a 6 hour gold key to you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast