+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flytouch 4 Firmware Download V2 Ethernet Model

Post Flytouch 4 Firmware Download V2 Ethernet Model

Buy Ugoos UT1 Android TV Box from DealsPrime
    Please find below the download link for the Flytouch 4 - Multi-touch Capacitive V2 Firmware release. This firmware is tested as working with the Ethernet model and the Internal 3G flytouch 4 firmware is due for release in around 4 days.

Reflash instructions New Alternative method:

I've uploaded the two TF-card images HERE. You will need these new images as they are complete card images, and different to the images previously posted that didn't work for users.

These images can be burned using the free utility called WinImage. (http://www.winimage.com/download.htm)

Simple instructions are as follows:

Extract the two images from the Zip file. Burn both images using the above utility to 2 TF-cards. Insert card 1, turn on the system and be patient while the system is prepared. After some time and the screen noise has finished. Then shut down the tablet or follow on screen instructions. I suggest leaving the tablet on for around 15 minutes for this first card stage as I don't have time information at present.

Power off the tablet and insert card 2. Power on the tablet and be patient while the system firmware is installed.

More detailed instructions will follow when I have a unit on my test bench to be able to create them.
    Last edited by aPadTVadmin; 11-17-2011 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Updated installation method and download links
    Check out the latest Tablet PCs and SmartPhones from the News on our front page or see all the new and upcoming tablets and phones in apad.tv's New Tablet PC Reviews & Preview Videos forum Check out our advertisers on apad.tv for the best place to buy a tablet PC or SmartPhone now!

Kik, which tablet do you have? I ask because you mentiond "both SD slots."
    It is A flytouch 4 Yospad Firmware. 2 sd slots and a 3g Built in and 1 USB slot.. I Bought it from Chinagraber about 3 Months ago
    Model No YOSPAD
    Android Version V2.2 2011-06-25(011111)
    Kernel Version 2.6.32.9
    Build Number FRF86B
    Thats all I know
    The reason I would like to try and re-flash is because of the feed back I get when I try and use the 3G

Quote Originally Posted by Whykikamoocow View Post
    It is A flytouch 4 Yospad Firmware. 2 sd slots and a 3g Built in and 1 USB slot.. I Bought it from Chinagraber about 3 Months ago
    Model No YOSPAD
    Android Version V2.2 2011-06-25(011111)
    Kernel Version 2.6.32.9
    Build Number FRF86B
    Thats all I know
    The reason I would like to try and re-flash is because of the feed back I get when I try and use the 3G
    This thread is for Flytouch 4 multi-touch which uses the Android Tab10 firmware.
    Check out the latest Tablet PCs and SmartPhones from the News on our front page or see all the new and upcoming tablets and phones in apad.tv's New Tablet PC Reviews & Preview Videos forum Check out our advertisers on apad.tv for the best place to buy a tablet PC or SmartPhone now!

I've uploaded the two TF-card images HERE.

These images can be burned using the free utility called WinImage. (http://www.winimage.com/download.htm)

Simple instructions are as follows:

Burn both images using the above utility to 2 TF-cards. Insert card 1, turn on the system and be patient while the system is prepared. After some time and the screen noise has finished. Then shut down the tablet. I suggest leaving the tablet on for around 15 minutes for this first card stage as I don't have time information at present.

Power off the tablet and insert card 2. Power on the tablet and be patient while the system firmware is installed.

More detailed instructions will follow when I have a unit on my test bench to be able to create them.

Best regards,

aPadTVadmin

I just recieved firmware for the Flytouch 4 multi (internal 3G). While this firmware should also be compatible with the internal 3G model, this thread's firmware is specifically for the external 3G unit with the Ethernet port.

I'll create a separate thread for the FT4-multi internal 3G firmware once it's tested and uploaded.

Best regards.

aPadTVadmin

Technical Contributor JayAudette will become famous soon enough JayAudette will become famous soon enough
    Ok, I used the new alternate method from the first post, and it worked flawlessly.

1) Extract the images and burn the first one to the TF Card. You don't _have_ to have use two cards, but it makes the process a little quicker.

2) TURN OFF THE TABLET. Connect power cord and leave it connected until the process is finished. Insert TF card. Turn on tablet. Leave it alone, the install will start automatically. Watch it if you want, it should take about 5-10 minutes. The screen will flash a lot and have stripes all over it. This is normal.

4) Eventually it ill ask you to remove the TF Card and reboot the tablet. Do so, and flash the second image to the TF Card.

5) Let the tablet scan the memory region. When finished, the tablet will ask you to press the back button (the square one, if you didn't read the manual), it will then boot normally.

6) Turn off the tablet again. Insert the TF Card. Turn on the tablet. It will tell you to remove the TF card and reboot when it is done. Do so. It will boot normally and be finished.

-Jay-
    Last edited by JayAudette; 11-17-2011 at 02:26 PM.

Technical Contributor JayAudette will become famous soon enough JayAudette will become famous soon enough
    Two questions:

Admin, any chance we could get a changelog for the new firmware? It seems to be running a bit quicker and the battery life seems to have gone up a touch.

FlanFlinger: I can't code my way out of a wet paper bag (yet), but I am pretty handy at modding stuff that has already been done. I know how time consuming and complicated coding/porting can be, but how difficult would it be to port your Funnycomb to the FT4?

Quote Originally Posted by JayAudette View Post
    Two questions:

Admin, any chance we could get a changelog for the new firmware? It seems to be running a bit quicker and the battery life seems to have gone up a touch.

FlanFlinger: I can't code my way out of a wet paper bag (yet), but I am pretty handy at modding stuff that has already been done. I know how time consuming and complicated coding/porting can be, but how difficult would it be to port your Funnycomb to the FT4?
    Hello Jay,

Thank you for confirming my alternative method works. I've not been able to test it myself as yet, so I'm very grateful you posted the info.

There is no changelog with this edition of the firmware, however I can confirm the internal 3G version of this same firmware does include a changelog, and I suspect it will be near identical. The internal 3G firmware will be available to download in it's own thread around 3 to 4 days on apad.tv

Best regards,

aPadTVadmin

Hi Admin,

When you upload the 3g internal firmware version can you upload it to another mirror eg. megaupload, the deposit file mirror took me 12 hours to download (don't know if it was the same for everyone else). I'm sure it was not my connection as i ran a bandwidth check before and after the download to confirm if that was the case, or maybe i caught the download at a bad time when the server was overloaded?

Looking forward to the 3g internal version firmware, although i was disappointed when i downloaded the Ethernet version for 12 hours without reading only to find out it was not compatible with my internal 3g version, lol

Buy Hi718 Android TV Box from DealsPrime
    Quote Originally Posted by aPadTVadmin View Post
    Hello Jay,

Thank you for confirming my alternative method works. I've not been able to test it myself as yet, so I'm very grateful you posted the info.

There is no changelog with this edition of the firmware, however I can confirm the internal 3G version of this same firmware does include a changelog, and I suspect it will be near identical. The internal 3G firmware will be available to download in it's own thread around 3 to 4 days on apad.tv

Best regards,

aPadTVadmin

Hello Admin,
    I want to know, the firmware of the FT4 Muti 3D intern is it online? I searched the forum and I found nothing for several days. My tablet has problems and I need to flash. Help me please. thank you

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast