+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: P041 custom ROM

Thumbs up P041 custom ROM

Buy Ugoos UT1 Android TV Box from DealsPrime
    Hello everybody.
    Here you can find custom ROM for P041.
    It's based of official FW, include official #48 kernel. It's tested only on not-IBEX P041 pad (sorry, no access to IBEX pad yet).
    Changelog and download link - see in msg #8.

I remove link to un-official mod. According to reports it's too slow and unstable.
    Dixi.
    Last edited by flavio; 10-13-2011 at 05:26 AM. Reason: no more un-official kernels.

Thanks for sharing, feedback by testers would be most welcome.

Interesting. ROM downloaded more then 50 times - and no feedback. Nobody need it?

Quote Originally Posted by flavio View Post
    Interesting. ROM downloaded more then 50 times - and no feedback. Nobody need it?
    Hello Flavio,

I expect once more testers report back their findings you may get more downloads. I always hear of non-ibex P041 units being bricked on forums, so that can make people very cautious about installing firmware form the wild for the device. On apad.tv we test P041 firmware that has been tailored for the ibex Facepad P041. While you may find newer Kernal releases in the wild, they most likely won't be a perfect match. So most Facepad users stick to the official Facepad P041 releases from apad.tv

Custom firmware for the Facepad P041 would be nice, you should consider getting an ibex Facepad and start making custom firmware for it and releasing on here. You'll be supplied with a continuous chain of free tablets like the other apad.tv firmware developers.

Look how famous Tim is now, from releasing his firmware on apad.tv

Best regards,

aPadTVadmin
    Check out the latest Tablet PCs and SmartPhones from the News on our front page or see all the new and upcoming tablets and phones in apad.tv's New Tablet PC Reviews & Preview Videos forum Check out our advertisers on apad.tv for the best place to buy a tablet PC or SmartPhone now!

When I get a P041 compatible unit on my test bench soon I will give it a good testing and let you know if it's compatible with the Facepad P041.

Best regards,

aPadTVadmin
    Check out the latest Tablet PCs and SmartPhones from the News on our front page or see all the new and upcoming tablets and phones in apad.tv's New Tablet PC Reviews & Preview Videos forum Check out our advertisers on apad.tv for the best place to buy a tablet PC or SmartPhone now!

direct link to v0.2
    But as i can see - everybody wait for Admin compatibility confirmation and don't try it.
    so, will use this time for work under BT support.
    Last edited by flavio; 10-13-2011 at 05:28 AM. Reason: remove link to mod with un-official kernel.

Hi there,
    i have installed the rom yesterday. The camera is not working, WiFi seems okay (have to test more).
    The screen flips sometimes, seems G-sensors not working properly in this rom. Market has all Apps, even payd apps.
    The speed performance is slow and the tablet freezes sometimes.
    I will go and test more today or tomorrow, like GPS etc...
    Greetings
    Darth

Ok. I prepare modifyed original IBEX firmware(kernel #48).
    Changelog:
    1. Rooted.
    2. 3G support with base of APNs
    3. Busybox
    4. hosts file for ads blocking.
    5. Mini tweaks.
    no changes in kernel/framework/library.

http://depositfiles.com/files/a54dpwlxj

enjoy.

hi flavio,

thank you for developing a Firmware for the P041 Pad.
    Mine is not an Ibex Pad, it looks like there are some different clones out there.
    It looks like i have a Pad with poor Hardware inside.

I will download and test your new Rom today and post the results here.

Greetings
    Darth

Buy Hi718 Android TV Box from DealsPrime
    Hi Darth.
    Thank you for your reports. It help me to make rom better.

PS And it's looks very funny - 2 guys with fake pads discuss about best rom for normal pad. And nobody with real pad interested with it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast