+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: help with my flytouch 3 superpad 2 -32GB HDD ver - please help me !

help with my flytouch 3 superpad 2 -32GB HDD ver - please help me !

Buy Ugoos UT1 Android TV Box from DealsPrime
    Hi
    i got the unit yesterday
    here are the specs

model no : DISCO10
    ANDROID VER : 2.2-20110503
    KERNEL VER : 2.6.32.9 zjd@dtlinuxserver #1
    BUILD NO :FRF85B

i have not flashed the f/w yet - it's the same f/w it came with !

no external sd card inserted - system has on-board memory of around 27GB which is sufficient for me [seen thru 'my pad' ]

now the issues :

1)how to power it off WITHOUT using the power button from the software installed just like in windows laptops ?

2)how to access this unit on win XP SP1 pc as "mass storage" so that i transfer videos from win xp sp1 PC to this unit - i connect this unit to my laptop via a usb male to usb male cable - nothing in windows explorer ?

3)this unit does not recognize NTFS formatted sd cards / pen-drive [they have to be fat32 formatted] - i do not want to upgrade f/w [tim5a custom rom upgrade to enable NTFS support] but this is serious issue .....any options without touching the f/w as i am afaraid it might void the warranty and the reseller might not take it back ?

i am not interested in wifi,3g or GPS - just wanna use this to watch movies ! can somebody help please ! - at times i think i'd have been better off getting a win 7 tablet as android froyo is not yet fully developed and it's pain to see the potential of this unit reduced to a 'brick' becoz of OS [froyo] else the unit is good........
    Last edited by ancjob; 08-30-2011 at 03:26 PM.

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F FlanFlinger is a splendid one to behold FlanFlinger is a splendid one to behold FlanFlinger is a splendid one to behold FlanFlinger is a splendid one to behold FlanFlinger is a splendid one to behold FlanFlinger is a splendid one to behold FlanFlinger's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    1) all the shutdown widgets I know of require your device to be rooted, so you'll need to root it first
    2) the usb ports don't support file transfer to another device that isn't a storage device
    3) the only way to get NTFS support is to install a modified firmware, NTFS is not natively supported by lots of Android devices as it's a Windows file format and not Linux, if you format your memory stick as EXT3 then you can transfer files of 4gb

I wont comment on "android froyo is not yet fully developed" as you wont like my answer

Quote Originally Posted by FlanFlinger View Post
    1) all the shutdown widgets I know of require your device to be rooted, so you'll need to root it first
    2) the usb ports don't support file transfer to another device that isn't a storage device
    3) the only way to get NTFS support is to install a modified firmware, NTFS is not natively supported by lots of Android devices as it's a Windows file format and not Linux, if you format your memory stick as EXT3 then you can transfer files of 4gb

I wont comment on "android froyo is not yet fully developed" as you wont like my answer

thank you for reply and providing support - i really appreciate this...

now my query :-

1) "all the shutdown widgets I know of require your device to be rooted, so you'll need to root it first" what is "root it first" how do i do that ?

2)is the firmaware tim 5a [ntfs support ] ok to flash ? - will it void the warranty by any chance if i flash the firmware ?

3)can i format microSDHC card and pen0drive as EXT3 - how do i do that ? after that will i be able to transfer files {mostly mkv] > 4gb to the unit without issues ?

plz reply - you have been very kind to help me out as i am in a crisis rt now .....looking for a miracle !

1) root = superuser (as administrator in Windows), you can do Root with Z4root application (temporary or permanent)

2)Yes Tim5a use Script for usb mount drive ntfs, but I dont know if Tim5a is good for 32GB FT3 version. (for 4 or 8 its ok , but 16/32 I have read that not recognize all memory). Search it in forum.
    P.S:If you flash tim's Rom it's rooted.

3)Partition Magic/MinitoolPartition etc ... for Windows, Search in google

Best Regards.

thank you for info
    is there a way to load drivers on win xp sp1 PC so that i'd simply connect the unit to PC and transfer files ? [ drivers for win XP sp1 PC to transfer the files to unit via usb]

do you know of the drivers to make the above happen ?

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F FlanFlinger is a splendid one to behold FlanFlinger is a splendid one to behold FlanFlinger is a splendid one to behold FlanFlinger is a splendid one to behold FlanFlinger is a splendid one to behold FlanFlinger is a splendid one to behold FlanFlinger's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    To be honest the easiest thing to do is download Tims rom and flash it
    http://www.apad.tv/apadforum/showthr...M-%28rooted%29
    See the comments in my signature about formatting the SD card prior to flashing, it's important you use SDFormatter and do a full format of the card.
    Once you've flashed you find any questions answered in the other link in my signature or in the thread for Tims rom, the newer posts in that thread will be more relevant as all his rom releases have been in that thread, if you still can't find an answer then post your question in that thread and somebody will be able to answer the question.

Please read, read and read again the thread for Tims rom before you flash

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ancjob View Post
    thank you for info
    is there a way to load drivers on win xp sp1 PC so that i'd simply connect the unit to PC and transfer files ? [ drivers for win XP sp1 PC to transfer the files to unit via usb]

do you know of the drivers to make the above happen ?
    No, there is no support for direct USB connection, as I said earlier the USB ports on the flytouch are merely for plugging in things like keyboards, mice and storage devices, not for the transfer of files from one device to another

Approved User RoGuE_StreaK is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by FlanFlinger View Post
    No, there is no support for direct USB connection, as I said earlier the USB ports on the flytouch are merely for plugging in things like keyboards, mice and storage devices, not for the transfer of files from one device to another
    Think of it as a laptop; if you connect a windows laptop to a windows PC via USB, neither will recognise the other as a storage device. They act as hosts rather than slaves. An android phone will act as a slave, but these tablets, with the ability to plug in and control external devices, act as hosts.
    There are some devices that can chop and change whether they are a host or a slave, but usually requires hacking of the kernel and the bootup sequence, which we (ie. Tim, Flan etc) don't have access to. Yet.

RE: updating firmware voiding the warranty, there are also the original firmware files available around here somewhere, so even if you do completely stuff it, as long as it can power up, you can re-flash back to the original firmware.

upgraded the f/w to tim 5a now the issues :

1)camera does not function - blank/black screen - any fixes plz ?

2)NTFS formatted TF card is not detected by the card slot however it's finally mounted via script when attached to a usb card reader so the card slot still does not recognize NTFS formatted td card directly - any thing else i'd try.....

3)installed moboplayer - but for some reason does not display embedded subs with this f/w for mkv - it was showing subs with original f/w though...i wonder what happened ?

4)have not tried wi-fi,GPS etc as i am not interested in those......using the device as large screen media player for now...

5)usb direct for wired network to win xp sp1 pc for file transfer - i wanna try but i do not have info as to what that cable is called ? see the post here http://www.apad.tv/apadforum/showthr...2868#post12868

like i noted froyo is not mature enough like the windows OS i wonder what happens with so called 'honeycomb' version will come - may crap out the tablets...lol which this froyo spared.....hehehe...

i am holding back from spending a lot of money on win 7 tab - just waiting for the prices to dip but i guess win 7 tabs will be hassle free anyway with all the goodies...as they are 'full fledged computers' in tab form....which android counterparts will never be irrespective of android versions being released...

still do not have the fabulous apps like anydvd ,totalmedia theater , virtual clone drive for android to mount iso images

i call these limited android media players only !

anyhow - i am happy now that i'd reboot/shutdown via this f/w and also mount NTFS usb drives....

Google has got a good marketing team to push with their 'free' android avatars....irrespective of how crappy/immature the versions are !
    Last edited by ancjob; 08-31-2011 at 08:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    Buy Hi718 Android TV Box from DealsPrime
    1) read the "Tips" section of tims firmware, the fix is on your machine you just need to run it, if you'd bothered to read the text in my signature you'd already know that
    2) well that tells you that NTFS is only supported on USB devices, I've never tested it as I can't see why anyone would want to watch anything over SD on a screen that is only 600px high, I personally can't see any advantage to playing anything more elaborate than a DVDrip in DivX
    3) Dunno about that, best to search google for that as it's an issue with Moboplayer and not the firmware
    4) Exactly as I do, although I stream all mine of my media server
    5) I've probably poked more things in the USB ports of my FT3 with a logger running than you've had hot dinners, even down to a WinCE iPaq and a Palm Pilot V, but if you can find a way of transferring files over USB you'll become a man amongst men

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast